Born on September 8th, 1975 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fields of interest
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- 1993-2000: Faculty of medicine, University of Leuven, Belgium
- 2000-2002: Resident in training for Radiotherapy, Gasthuisberg Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
- 2002-2004: Resident in training for Radiotherapy, Sint Augustinus Hospital, Antwerpen, Belgium
- 2004-2006: Resident in training for Radiotherapy, Gasthuisberg Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
- 2006-2007: Resident in training for Radiotherapy, the Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam
- 2008: Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, Flims, Swiss
2007- present: Radiation-Oncologist, Staff member at the Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam
- 2000: Belgian Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (BVRO)
- 2001: European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO)
- 2006: Dutch Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (NVRO)
- 2007: Dutch Cooperative Group of Head and neck Oncology (NWHHT)
- Evaluation of tumor variability in head-and-neck cancer patients over the course of radiotherapy with implanted gold markers
- Study coordinator of phase I study of radiotherapy dose escalation on the 18F-FDG-PET avid region of the primary tumor in locally advanced oropharynx and oral cavity tumors eligible for concurrent chemoradiation
- O. Hamming-Vrieze, A.J.M. Balm, W.D. Heemsbergen, T. Hooft van Huysduynen, C.R.N. Rasch. Regional control of melanoma neck node metastasis after (selective) neck dissection with or without adjuvant radiotherapy. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head&Neck Surgery. August 2009.
- Vrieze O, Haustermans K, De Wever W, Lerut T, Van Cutsem E, Ectors N, Hiele M, Flamen P. Is there a role for FDG-PET in radiotherapy planning in esophageal carcinoma? Radiother Oncol. 2004;73(3):269-75.
- Vrieze O, Koninckx Ph.R. Salpingostomie: technieken, resultaten en indicatie.
- Tijdschrift voor fertiliteitsonderzoek 2000;4:116-123.