Coordinator of the Head & Neck Rehabilitation Program and Research Speech -and Language Pathologist
Born: 08-12-1978, Hoorn, The Netherlands
Fields of special interest
Head and Neck Oncology
Functional and preventive rehabilitation in head and neck cancer
Dysphagia and trismus
- Master’s degree in Linguistics, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2002-2004
- Speech Language Pathology, Christelijke Hogeschool Windesheim, Zwolle, The Netherlands, 1998-2002
- High school: Atheneum, Tabor College; Oscar Romero, Hoorn, The Netherlands, 1991-1998
- Coordinator of the Head & Neck Rehabilitation Program NKI-AVL, Start May 2009; Opening January 2010 – to date.
- Research Speech -and Language Pathologist NKI-AVL, July 2006 – to date.
- Tutorial coordinator within the research group of the University of Amsterdam. Supervising students, 2008 – to date.
- Clinical coordinator of research project: “Treatment of Myogenic Cranio Mandibular Dysfunction (CMD): a prospective randomised clinical trial, comparing the use of a mechanical stretching device (TheraBite®) with the standard physiotherapy regimen”, Kennemergasthuis Haarlem, December 2007 – January 2012.
- PhD researcher at the Netherlands Cancer Institute, July 2006 – November 2011.
- Speech –and Language Pathologist at a school for special education ‘De Wissel’, Hoorn, The Netherlands, August 2004 – June 2006.
- Speech –and Language Pathologist at a rehabilitation centre for patients with neurological disorders ‘Stichting Coloriet’, Lelystad , The Netherlands, March 2002 – June 2006.
November 2011: Prevention of trismus, swallowing and speech problems in patients treated with chemo-radiation for advanced head and neck cancer. University of Amsterdam. Promotor: Prof. F.J.M. Hilgers. Copromotor: Dr. M.A. van Rossum.
Dutch ENT Association (KNO vereniging) January 2012 – to date
Dysphagia Research Society (DRS) September 2011 – to date
Dutch SLP Association (NVLF) July 2006 – to date
NSSLHA (National Student Speech Language 2007 – 2011
Link via PubMed: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Lisette+van+der+Molen
Head and Neck Cancer. Treatment, Rehabiliation, and Outcomes, second edition 2014.
Editors: E.C. Ward, and C.J. van As-Brooks. Chapter 20: Management of head and neck cancer: an international perspective. Elizabeth C. Ward, Robyn A. Burnett, Ann-Louise Morton, Julie A. G. Stierwalt, Kimberly R. Wilson, Edwin M. Yiu, Lisette van der Molen, and Corina J. van As-Brooks. Plural Publishing, Inc. San Diego
NOM, 2e druk 2013, Chapter II: Synergistic relationships between oral and general health. Paragraph 5: Bidirectional Impact of Oral Health and Systemic Health Touger-Decker, Epstein, Sirois, Raber Durlacher, Van der Molen.
Leerboek Keel-Neus-Oorheelkunde en hoofd-halschirurgie, 2e druk 2013 N de Vries, PH van de Heyning en CR Leemans.
Hoofdstuk 22: Slikstoornissen en slokdarm
O.M. Vanderveken, L. van der Molen en M.W.M. van den Brekel
Bohn Stafleu van Loghum